This page hosts links to vacancies in Church of England schools.
Please note that any vacancies listed in this section are the responsibility of the school named. The appointment and appointment process is completely independent of the Diocese of Lincoln, and all enquiries should be made directly to the employing school or governing body.
Headteacher - Willoughby St Helena's CofE Primary School
Age Range of Pupils: 3-11
Post/Salary: Permanent Head (with a 0.2 teaching role)
Range L6-12 £47,735 - £55,338
Closing date: Friday 1st July 2022 at 12 noon To begin: 1st January 2023
Opening minds, widening horizons, developing a better world
Due to the retirement of our current, long serving Headteacher, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen at our school. The Governing Body is now seeking to recruit an aspirational leader who will continue to build on the success, strengths and values of our school.
We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who:
▪ Has proven experience of successful leadership and collaboration, is loyal and honest, as well as having strong personal and work ethics and morals.
▪ Has commitment to uphold and promote the school’s Christian ethos and a positive approach to working with the church community.
▪ Is kind, compassionate and nurturing and so will maintain a school environment where children flourish emotionally, socially and academically.
▪ Has an understanding of the current Ofsted and SIAMS inspections frameworks to drive performance.
▪ Has the ability and ambition to continue to raise standards throughout the school, enabling every child and colleague to reach their full potential.
▪ Has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build on strong working relationships within school, with partners and the wider community.
▪ Is a person who has vision and is committed to the children of our school.
We can offer you:
▪ Leadership of our passionate team of fully dedicated colleagues.
▪ A creative environment that supports and enhances our vision and inclusive ethos.
▪ Commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
▪ Children who are polite, well behaved and enthusiastic with very supportive parents.
▪ Exciting opportunities that St Helena’s C of E Primary School promises.
▪ A welcoming, dedicated, supportive governing body.
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school and can organise this by telephoning Mrs Linda Storr on 01507 462367.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 7th July 2022 Interviews will be held on Tuesday 19th July 2022
Application packs are available below and from Linda.Storr@st-helenascofe.lincs.sch.uk or can be downloaded from the school’s website:
Completed applications should be emailed to Linda.Storr@st-helenascofe.lincs.sch.uk
Please note St Helena’s C of E Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to the candidate being suitable to work with children and satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Checks and references.
The ability to converse at ease with the school community and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Headteacher - Baston CofE Primary School
Location: PE6 9PB, Lincolnshire
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Commencing: January 2023 (or earlier if possible)
Governors are seeking an inspirational and motivated Headteacher to lead our school community. We are a single form entry Church of England school with a distinctive Christian ethos and a thriving relationship with our local Church, St John the Baptist and the village community.
In recent years we have benefited from strong leadership and an enthusiastic staff team who have a ‘can do’ attitude. In our most recent inspections, the Diocese rated us an ‘Outstanding’ Church school (2014) and Ofsted rated us a ‘Good’ school (2018). Clear strategic planning has enabled us to continue to improve.
Our pupils are the focus of everything we do, and our desire is to see them “Dream, Thrive and Believe” not just academically, but in every area of their lives.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to lead a well-established staff team, with strong senior and middle leaders.
- A forward-thinking, experienced Governing Body who will encourage and support you to lead the school in your own way.
- A wonderful physical learning environment, with the benefit of a large outdoor learning area, a library bus, and an exciting building project in the next academic year.
- A PTA with a longstanding reputation of going above-and-beyond to provide opportunities for our pupils.
- A well organised and detailed transition from our outgoing Headteacher.
You will need:
- The desire and ability to promote and continually develop our school’s inclusive values and strong Christian ethos.
- High expectations for children’s personal development, happiness, welfare, behaviour and attainment.
- A clear vision of excellence in primary education with the ability to think strategically and lead the school through the next exciting phase of its development.
- Proven leadership skills and a passion for investing in each member of your staff team.
- An ambition to provide distinctive leadership of the school, along with the capacity to be open to the advice and guidance of others.
- A commitment to putting children at the centre of everything you do.
If you feel excited about the prospect of leading our school, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
Visits to our school are both welcome and strongly encouraged. To book a visit, please email our school administrator at Jo.Bannister@baston.lincs.sch.uk or call the school office on 01778 560430.
Application packs are available from the school website, www.baston-school.co.uk/.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to Jean.Cross@baston.lincs.sch.uk.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 4th July 2022
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
Interview Date: Friday 15th July 2022