This page hosts links to vacancies in Church of England schools.
Please note that any vacancies listed in this section are the responsibility of the school named. The appointment and appointment process is completely independent of the Diocese of Lincoln, and all enquiries should be made directly to the employing school or governing body.
Headteacher - The St Lawrence CofE Academy, Scunthorpe
Salary range L27-L31; required for January 2024
The St Lawrence Academy is a thriving Church Academy that has successfully served its local community since opening in 2008 and provides children with fantastic opportunities for personal and spiritual growth. Directors of St Lawrence Academies Trust and the Diocese of Lincoln are looking for an inspirational, talented and experienced school leader; one who can lead the Academy towards achieving academic excellence for our students and enable them to fully flourish.
The St Lawrence is an-oversubscribed academy for 11-16 year old students of all abilities. Our PAN now stands at 165. We currently have a roll of 790, which is due to be 810 in September 2023.
We serve a diverse community in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. We are an inclusive Academy striving to meet the needs of all our learners in our caring environment. Students from all backgrounds and faiths, regardless of ability, are welcome. We are sponsored by the Diocese of Lincoln and have a strong Christian ethos.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to lead a vibrant academy with a dedicated and passionate team of staff. This post would ideally suit an experienced Headteacher who can inspire and develop staff and students and create an environment where the whole academy community can thrive and flourish.
We are looking for a person who:
● Is an experienced leader in a secondary setting
● Is a champion for all students and an advocate for an inclusive and values driven education
● Recognises that attainment and progress are valuable ingredients in a holistic education that
nurtures young people, develops their character and prepares them for the next steps in life
● Has a successful record of sustaining school improvement and is capable of continuing
the progress made at The St Lawrence Academy since its formation
● Has experience, or a good understanding of working in a diverse and challenging community
● Can inspire, lead change and ensure that outcomes are met through robust quality
● Will promote and sustain our Christian principles and understands the significance of
church school values in the education of young people
What we can offer you is:
● An inclusive, vibrant and inspirational environment with talented and fully committed staff
● An outstanding community of staff, local governors and parents/carers
● Superb resources and facilities with secure, strong and stable finances
● An exciting opportunity to part of a new and growing Trust with a strong central team
● The opportunity to shape the future of a school community and a growing family of schools
● Supportive and bespoke performance development and appraisal
● A Multi-Academy Trust environment that values Headteacher professionalism and delegates
to them the responsibilities for their children’s education and pastoral support.
● A collaborative and developmental relationship with other leaders across the family of
● High quality, bespoke education support from a central team that supports school leaders with the delivery of the quality of education
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and inspirational school leader to enable the Academy to realise its full potential. You have the opportunity to work with and lead an amazing team of staff and fantastic students at The St Lawrence Academy.
St Lawrence Academies Trust is a new and growing Church of England Multi Academy Trust, based in the Diocese of Lincoln. We are currently a Trust of two schools, having been recently formed as part of the Lincoln Diocese MAT strategy. In September we will welcome our third new Partner School and work is already underway with other schools that are very interested in what our Trust has to offer.
We have used Trust Pilot Funding to grow the Trust in recent months. We have now increased our central team with excellent practitioners and leaders of school improvement. They will work with Headteachers to ensure a high quality of education and an environment in which students can flourish.
Our aim is to allow schools to become stronger by working together. The delegated responsibilities to schools allows our school leaders to have the flexibility to make curriculum and pedagogical decisions that drive school improvement for the children in their care. We embrace children and staff from both church schools and non-church schools, across both the primary and secondary age range. . As a Diocesan Trust, Christian values and the exploration and understanding of the Christian faith underpins our work.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references, including their suitability to work with children.
To apply please download the Application Pack and Academy Application Form from the
We ask candidates to submit completed application forms, together with a formal letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details please contact the Trust CEO Mike Adnitt 01724 747310 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 14th September at 9am
Interviews will take place : 25th and 26th September 2023