Our Diocesan Service Level Agreement summarises our offer to schools, and explains how to access our services!
As part of Diocesan Service Level Agreement, we agree to work together towards the Vision
‘Educating for Life in all its Fullness’
To act wisely so all our schools and academies can flourish
To strengthen our relationship for the benefit of the Church school family
To protect and honour the dignity of all so that everyone in our Church school family can
have ‘life to the full’
To look to the future with hope, growing Church school leaders
Pages 10-12 of our SLA document below give more detail of the services provided - including:
- Supports governors and school leaders to protect the Christian foundation of Church
schools at a national, regional and local level
- Provides guidance on Headteacher recruitment for governors, attends shortlisting
meetings and interviews
- Gives guidance on Diocesan Education policy, for instance on admissions, RSE and
- Supports schools with Ofsted and SIAMS inspections, including attending feedback
- Visits every new Headteacher for Diocesan welcome and induction
- Attendance (subject to availability) of a Diocesan officer or LDBE board member at
celebration events e.g. new Headteacher commissioning, Christmas and Easter events
- Facilitates school-to-school networks both nationally and locally
- Offers pastoral and bereavement support and guidance to all schools
- Support schools in their response to national publications linked to diversity e.g.
Lament to Action, Living in Love and Faith
- Manages the Closed Schools General Purposes Reserve Fund and provides grants
- Manages the appointment of foundation governors
- Supports governors and school leaders to obtain the necessary consents to enter into
a Multi Academy Trust
- Provides an annual visit from a Diocesan Adviser or Associate Adviser to celebrate
strengths and provide guidance and support in relation to Christian distinctiveness
and education performance – followed up with a written report
As part of our Professional Development Programme we run training centrally either at our offices or online. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups from your school to attend, alongside other schools in the Church school family. Click here - Diary of Central Events - to find out more.
School Based Training
Instead of us offering courses at our choice of time and place, you can identify what is needed locally in your school and surrounding area and invite us to your school to deliver bespoke training. This way all your staff can have the same training in a cost effective way.
Officers and Diocesan Specialist Advisers can come to you on your training days, if you have staff off timetable or twilight sessions, just contact us to arrange a time that suits you. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Here are some examples of the training we deliver, however if there is something not here you need, give us a call -