What is a Bishop’s Visitor?
Bishop’s Visitors (BVs) come from a variety of walks of life, many are former teachers and senior leaders of schools, but all come with experience of supporting children and young people. They volunteer to support church schools across the Diocese in a number of ways.
The purpose of having a Bishop’s Visitor in a school is:
- to provide pastoral support to the school
- to foster the link between the school and the Diocese and the Lincoln Diocesan Board of Education team
- to foster good relationships within the school, between the local church, and the wider community
- to encourage and support the school in upholding its Christian ethos through its vision and values
- to have a Christian presence supporting and enhancing the distinctive nature of the school.
For more information please download the Bishop's Visitor handbook below