- Lincolnshire Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education 2018-2022
- Information for Head teachers/RE Subject Leaders
This document outlines the key information about Religious Education, including the legal status of RE on the curriculum and information about the right to withdraw from RE.
- Statement of Entitlement
This document outlines the expectations of the Church of England Education Office in relation to Religious Education. This document is used by SIAMS (Section 48) inspectors when they are assessing the quality of RE in church schools and academies.
- Sample policy document
This is a sample RE policy document that you may wish to adapt for your school or academy.
- RE Quality Mark school evidence form
The RE Quality Mark is a kitemark of excellence in RE. The school evidence form provides an excellent template for understanding best practice in RE. You can find this on the RE Quality Mark website. You may find it useful in helping you monitor and evaluate RE in your school or academy.
- Using Knowledge Organisers in RE: Guidance and Exemplars
- This guidance explains how knowledge organisers can support the effective delivery of the RE curriculum and includes exemplars from the Lincolnshire agreed syllabus for RE.
- Using Artefacts in RE
- This guidance supports you to use artefacts as part of effective teaching and learning in RE. It provides a list of suggested artefacts for a range of religions and , as well as giving links to a number of options for purchasing or borrowing artefacts.
- Significant reports on RE
- Realising the Potential (Ofsted, 2013)
- RE: The Truth Unmasked (APPG on RE, 2013)
- A Review of Religious Education in England (RE Council of England and Wales, 2013)
- Making a Difference? A Review of Religious Education in Church of England Schools (National Society, 2014)
- RE and Good Community Relations (APPG on RE, 2014)
- A New Settlement: Religion and Belief in Schools (Charles Clarke and Linda Woodhead, 2015)
- RE for REal: The Future of Teaching and Learning about Religion and Belief (Adam Dinham and Martha Shaw, 2015)
- Living with Difference: Community, Diversity and the Common Good (CORAB, 2015)
- Religion and Worldviews: The Way Forward (Commission on RE, 2018)
- RE Research Review (Ofsted, 2021)
- Promoting the Exploration of Religion and Worldviews in Schools (Inform, Open University and Faith and Belief Form, 2022)
- RE News
RE News is the termly newsletter produced by the Diocesan RE Adviser. It provides updates on the latest research and practice from around the country and celebrates good practice in the Diocese of Lincoln. It is aimed at all schools and academies, not just church schools and academies. If you would like to make a contribution to the next edition of RE News, please email the Diocesan RE Adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org).