In these unprecedented times, the diocesan education team continues to be highly committed and capable to support schools with their professional development for staff and governors.
As always, the diocesan team is able to offer three types of service to schools:
- Bespoke – A DBE officer will work you to identify the specific training you need and tailor a package of support for your school.
- Off the Peg – You decide on the topic and we will deliver the training at a time that suits your staff / governors.
- Central – We host a big event with pertinent topics and expert advisers and/or speakers.
The only key difference is that this academic year we will be delivering our training virtually. The team are highly skilled to deliver high quality interactive training through a range of digital platforms including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Feedback from recent virtual training and support sessions has been overwhelmingly positive, with many delegates requesting further support and training in this format.
Although we may miss some of the human interaction in the digital world, we have already found a huge number of advantages to delivering training in this way. School leaders have told us:
- It is great not to have to travel 2 hours in a car to engage in the training.
- It is great that we can still cover the same content via Zoom with highly experienced trainers and colleagues from different schools.
- The sessions are planned to ensure that participants do not get ‘Zoom fatigue’, with lots of opportunities for breaks and with efficient use of the time available.
You will see in the Service Level Agreement booklet 2020/21 (which is on the Lincoln Diocesan Board of Education website), there are lots of training programmes and packages available for your school. All of the training featured in the booklet can be delivered virtually – although there will be some tweaks made to timings.
New for 2020, is our RE training bundle which includes 4 sessions delivered over the course of the year to enable ‘Effective RE for a broad and balanced curriculum’.
Also new for this year is a Well-being Offer for Schools. Diocesan Specialist Adviser, Justine Caswell (Psychotherapeutic Counsellor) can offer schools ‘off the peg’ 2-hour twilight sessions on enabling staff to support their own well-being in an education setting. See our SLA booklet for more information.
Privacy Notice - Course Recording
Please click here to download our privacy notice.