Listening to Loss in Children
This event will take place between 9:30am and 12:00pm on 25/11/2020
This is an introductory course about listening to loss in childhood and what we can do in school to support those who are going through it.
This course will cover the following things:
- What is childhood bereavement
- How does grief affect a child
- Supporting bereavement within schools through:
- Good and appropriate communication
- Planning and preparing to support
- Recognising and knowing what to when you are out of your depth
- Help Support and self care.
This course is facilitated by Jennie Fytche. Jennie works for LightSpace schools trust as is a familiar face in Grantham primary schools. Previously worked Jennie has worked as a paedriatric nurse in many settings. Alongside her work with LightSpace Jennie now trains and mentors those who work with children and young people.